Research has shown that breast-fed babies enjoy health advantages such as fewer digestive problems, colic, reflux, gas, intestinal infections, allergies and skin diseases. The babies are also at less risk of developing high blood pressure, obesity and diabetes. A study suggested they are smarter than formula-fed babies as well. That is why men should get involved with their wife, girlfriend, or family members to help with breastfeeding cores. The breast-fed babies are probably better at sports too. Although there is no current study supporting this sports theory, maybe someone can add this study their next thesis?
Men, breastfeeding saves times and money. You do not have to purchase, measure, and mix formula, and there are no bottles to warm in the middle of the night. Breastfeeding also helps a mother and father bond with their baby. Physical contact is important to newborns and can help them feel more secure, warm and comforted. Men you can also inform your wife that breastfeeding uses up extra calories, making it easier to lose the pounds gained from pregnancy. It also helps the uterus to get back to its original size more quickly and lessens any bleeding a woman may have after giving birth. Breastfeeding also may lower the risk of breast cancer.
Breastfeeding advantages are definitely clear:
• It’s specially designed to meet your baby’s every need.
• It’s free, requires no special equipment and you can’t make mistakes when sterilizing the bottles or preparing a feed.
• It’s good for baby, protecting against asthma, infection, cot death and, later in life, it may reduce the risk of him or her going on to develop obesity, diabetes and heart disease.
• And it’s good for mum. It helps bonding, can speed up the return to that pre-pregnancy figure, and may even protect against breast and ovarian cancer.
• Breast is definitely best, and we should be encouraging and supporting new mothers to breast-feed, but that doesn’t mean we should turn our backs on those who, for whatever reason, can’t or won’t.
• Bottle feeding isn’t as good but most babies still thrive on it, but sometimes the breast is not always the best.
And remember men, a mother’s milk has just the right amount of fat, sugar, water, and protein that is needed for a baby’s growth and development. Most babies find it easier to digest breast milk than they do formula. Breast milk has agents called antibodies in it to help protect infants from bacteria and viruses and to help them fight off colic, infection and disease.
Breastfeeding is greener too. More benefits, breastfeeding saves on health care costs. Total medical care costs for the nation are lower for fully breastfed infants than never-breastfed infants since breastfed infants typically need fewer sick care visits, prescriptions, and hospitalizations. Breastfeeding contributes to a more productive workforce because mothers miss less work, as their infants are sick less often. Employer medical costs also are lower and employee productivity is higher. And it is better for our environment because there is less trash and plastic waste compared to that produced by formula cans and bottle supplies.
Men, when it comes to you and your family, all natural methods and homeopathic remedies are the way to go. Getting involved with breastfeeding cores will not only help the infant, but help strengthen your wife’s attitude towards this all natural method. If moms are able to breastfed, let’s give them encouragement and help to make this part of the baby’s life is easy and enjoyable.